Friday, May 13, 2011

Lego Glycerin Soap



I decided to make some home made soap with my Lego molds as one of the favors for E.'s upcoming birthday party. They turned out so fabulous that my kids wanted to use them right away.

I was quite shocked to discover how easy it was to make your own soap. I bought a 2 lb block of clear glycerin soap, a bottle of apple scent (since that is my favorite soap smell), and a package of soap coloring.



It was $9.99 for the soap, $3.49 for the color dyes, and $2.99 for the apple scent. I basically followed the directions on the package.

Cut the soap blocks.



Put in a microwave safe container and microwave until the soap melts.



Add your scents and color dyes and mix.



Pour into the mold (I made mine here) and wait 20 minutes for it to harden. Pop out of mold and enjoy your soap.



Don't the Lego bricks look great?



Here are some mini figure soaps





Mix the color dyes to create even more colors



Package the soap and you have a great party favor.



I used photoshop to create some labels and had them printed at my local store.

23 comments:

  1. great ideas. Could you tell me where did you get the colorant? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your reply. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you share your packaging labels/designs? In a format that can be downloaded? For example (lego minifigure soap and crayons)? I would like to use your design, but do not have photoshop. I would need to change the words, so I'm not sure if it would work or not??

    Your ideas are inspiring and creative! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The labels that I used for the soap and crayons is just a simple picture that I took. You can take a snapshot of the image and have it printed. I made 2 labels from one 4x6 print. To add text, you can simply using the "Paint" program from your PC.

      Delete
  4. This is great!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a awesome idea but once again I would love to pin this on my Pinterest and don't see where to do that at

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many soaps were you able to make with the 2lb qty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe that I even used half of the soap so 1 lb should be more than enough (but 2 lbs was the smallest I could find).

      Delete
  7. hello,
    you sell them? i'd like to buy the lego minifigure. i need 50 package.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I only made them for my son. I do not sell them.

      Delete
  8. Where did you get the Lego mold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mini figure mold can be bought at the lego store and I hand made the lego block mold.

      Delete
  9. Hi, I printed your post and brought it with us to Michaels craft store to make sure I bought all the necessary ingredients. Unfortunately, they didn't have apple scent, but our son chose the cucumber melon which smells great. I had purchased two sets of the silicone lego molds (one for crafts and the other for food) from Amazon. It was sooo much more fun to make this ourselves...thanks for the posting! BTW, "lego inspired" soaps and crayons can be purchased on Etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlene, I'm glad you tried making your own soap! Thanks for reading ;)

      Delete
  10. where did you get the soap

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lego Glycerin Soap is a nice post . I like it . Thanks for sharing this post . To know more lego storage and display .

    ReplyDelete
  12. how did you make the lego mold?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here are the instructions on how to create your own mold: http://craftyc0rn3r.blogspot.com/2011/05/making-your-own-silicone-mold.html

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. I created my own lego mold using food grade silicon. You can find the instructions here: http://craftyc0rn3r.blogspot.com/2011/05/making-your-own-silicone-mold.html

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails